Any professional and respectful jiu jitsu academy has a lineage. Here are photos of the men who created the sport all the way to our head instructor and you're next in line for greatness!
Nanjing BJJ boasts quality Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instruction and personalized attention in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Our instructors have successfully competed in national-level competitions and have led students in winning numerous medals. Whether you are training for competition or looking for a new fitness routine, we can help you reach personal goals on and off the mat.
Guillaume is a passionate and hard-working practitioner who eats, sleeps, and breathes jiu-jitsu. Originally from Quebec, Canada, he is the head coach at Nanjing BJJ Academy. His strive for knowledge and attention to detail have proven him to be a top competitor and coach.
Full Name：Guillaume Émilien Leclerc
Nationality：Canada 🇨🇦 Belgium 🇧🇪
Language：French, English, Chinese (HSK6)
Martial Arts Experience：Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu,
brown belt in Capoeira, black belt in Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing 1:0:0
Jiu-jitsu style：Well-rounded, enjoys both top and bottom, wrestling, back control, leg locks, escapes, well everything jiu jitsu.
Teaching style：Emphasizes concepts and technique. Teaches a combination of both traditionnal and modern styles which give his students a well-rounded, complete game.
Lineage：Mitsuyo Maeda> Carlos Gracie Sr.> Carlson Gracie> Ricardo Libório> Robert Biernacki> Guillaume Leclerc
- Adidas spokesperson for BJJ gear for the year 2020
- SJJCF Tianjin International Jiu Jitsu Championship, Purple Belt Nogi 74.5 Champion, Absolute Gi Champion
- DefGroup JiuJitsu Challenge Season 2 Episode 4, All belts All weights Champion
– Copa Katana Vancouver, Purple Belt Gi 76Kg Champion, Absolute Champion
- SJJCF Shanghai Open, Purple Belt Gi 76Kg Champion, Absolute Champion, Nogi 74.5Kg Champion, Absolute Champion
- DefGroup JiuJitsu Challenge Season 2 Episode 3, All belts All weights Champion
- DefGroup JiuJitsu Challenge Season 2 Episode 2, Nogi All belts All weights Champion
- CGJJF Jiu Jitsu Championship, Purple Belt 70kg Champion
- UAEJJF Taiyuan International Pro Jiu Jitsu Championship, Purple Belt 70kg Champion, Absolute Runner Up
- Absolute MMA Sub-Only Nogi Invitational Tournament, Advanced, Champion (Win by Submission)
- DefGroup JiuJitsu Challenge Season 1, 3 Man Tournament Champions
- Nanjing Summit BJJ Invitational Competition, Super Fight #1 (Win by Submission)
- GCJJF Hangzhou Nogi Jiu-Jitsu Open, 70kg and Open Weight Champion (Purple)
- GCJJF Shanghai International Jiu-Jitsu Open, 76kg Champion, Open Weight 3rd Place (Purple)
- ASJJF Asian Open, 70kg Gi and Nogi Champion, Absolute Gi and Nogi Champion (Purple)
- ASJJF Dumau China International Jiu-Jitsu Open, 70kg Gi Runner Up, 70kg Nogi Runner Up, Nogi Absolute 3rd Place (Blue)
- GCJJF Shanghai International Nogi Jiu-Jitsu Open, 76kg Runner Up, Absolute Runner Up (Blue)
- GCJJF Shanghai International Jiu-Jitsu Championship, 70kg Champion (Blue)
- GCJJF Shanghai International Jiu-Jitsu Open, 70kg Runner Up (Blue)
- JFC Shanghai No Gi Submission Grappling Championship, 76kg Runner Up (Blue)
- Thailand, Phuket, Kata Beach Open, 72kg Gi Champion (Blue)
- Xuzhou Open, 74kg Gi Champion, Absolute Runner Up (Blue)
- King of Catch Asia (Shanghai), 70kg Champion, Absolute Champion
- ET Beijing Open, 70-80 Kg Champion (Blue)
- Abu Dhabi Pro Trials, Shanghai, 74kg 3rd Place (White)
- China Open (Shanghai), 74kg Runner Up (White)
- Canada, Victoria, Be First Grappling Championship, Junior Runner Up
Mahid is a teacher, martial artist, philosopher. beer fanatic.
In his classes, you’ll have fun and learn how to think within the Jiu Jitsu language. Regardless of your exposure to the sport, novice or expert, together we’ll explore ways to control our opponents and move in ways to maximize our own range of motion.
As a full time teacher, Mahid brings an expertise in education that informs the students about both the culture and practice of jiujitsu. His classes are not just about learning moves but about learning to be a martial artist.
Whether you have a whole wealth of knowledge or just a spark of curiosity about the gi vs nogi debate, German wheat beers, or Kantian ethics, come say hello.
Martial Arts Experience：Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu、Muay Thai training for three years、medaled multiple times in Ontario provincial competitions.
Teaching style：Mahid brings a concept based approach to BJJ.
Lineage：Mistuyo Maeda>Carlos Gracie>Helio Gracie> Rolls Gracie> Romero Cavalcanti> Leonardo Vieira> Robert Drysdale> Ian Fremantle> Mahid Yasin
Full Name: Mahid Yasin
Height：174cm Weight：70 Kg
Language：English, Chinese, Russian
Professionally engaged in freestyle wrestling for over 10 years.
Has obtained the title of "master of sports".
Winner and champion of regional, national and international tournaments.
You will learn all the details and variations that make wrestling one of the strongest combat sports ever.
- April 10 (3rd place in the regional tournament)
- May 28-29 (2nd place in the Republican tournament)
- October 10 (1 place in the regional tournament)
- December 30 (1st place in the regional tournament)
- February 12-14 (2nd place in the Republican tournament)
- February 26 (2nd place in the regional tournament)
- April 22 (1 place in the regional tournament)
- May 7-8 (3rd place in the Republican tournament)
- June 3 (1st place in the city championship)
- June 20-21 (3rd place in the Republican tournament)
- November 11 (1st place in the regional tournament)
- January 20 (3rd place in the regional tournament)
- February 8 (1st place in the regional tournament)
- February 24 (1st place in the regional tournament)
- March 14-16 (3rd place in an international tournament)
- May 2-3 (3rd place in the Republican tournament)
- September 30 (3rd place in the regional tournament)
Martial Arts Experience：Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Jiu-jitsu Style：Oldman JiuJitsu
Lineage：Mitsuyo Maeda> Carlos Gracie Sr.> Carlson Gracie> Ricardo Libório> Robert Biernacki> Guillaume Leclerc > ShenMing
2016.5 GCJJF White Belt 70kg Bronze medal
2016.11 GCJJF White Belt 70kg Bronze medal
2017.10 GCJJF White Belt 70kg Gold medal
2018.3 GCJJF White Belt 70kg Gold medal
2019.3 SJJCF Blue Belt 70kg Gold medal
Coach Shen started teaching the kids program ever since it was implemented here at NJBJJ. His daughter is a grey-black belt and has had much success in competition all while maturing very well with jiu jitsu. Coach makes sure all the kids are having a good time and learning the techniques, that way they want to keep coming back. He believes this is the key to becoming good grapplers and good people.
Martial Arts Experience：Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu、Muay Thai 、kicking boxing、6 years of martial arts
Jiu-jitsu Style：Enjoys top control, pressure passing, bow and arrows, and all other chokes
Lineage：Mitsuyo Maeda> Carlos Gracie Sr.> Carlson Gracie> Ricardo Libório> Robert Biernacki> Guillaume Leclerc > 陈凯林
2017年5月 GCJJF上海国际巴西柔术公开赛 白带组82.3KG 亚军
2018年10月 GCJJF上海国际巴西柔术公开赛 白带组82.3KG 冠军
Coach Wang （aka MJ）
Martial Arts Experience：Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu、Muay Thai 、fought pro MMA 6-3-0
Jiu-jitsu Style：Specialises in top control, and closed guard attacks.
Lineage：Mitsuyo Maeda> Carlos Gracie Sr.> Carlson Gracie> Ricardo Libório> Robert Biernacki> Guillaume Leclerc > 王明甲